A Farm For the Future is a documentary that aired on the BBC last year. It explains just how oil-dependent our agriculture is: every calorie of food produced in the western world requires ten calories of fossil fuel energy. The film looks at the challenge of dwindling oil supplies and tries to find out what kind of farming – and food – might we be expected to see in a post-peak oil world. The answer? Permaculture and more nuts.
The film is available on Youtube in five parts.
Latest posts by Jack Thurston
- 1 - September 20th, 2018
- 1 - September 18th, 2018
- 1 - September 3rd, 2018
- Carter's efforts to attempt a reconciliation with the USSR - February 2nd, 2015
- For the future we need new tools since resistance is - February 2nd, 2015
- Between January 1995 and September 1998 - February 1st, 2015
- Trump is a lying blowhard because he stupid cheap jordans size - January 31st, 2015
- I don't know anything about the bedbugs - January 30th, 2015